The Austin Boardwalk Entrance, located at 700 1/2 E Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704, is a hidden gem that many Austinites are yet to discover. This beautiful entrance to the boardwalk boasts of stunning views of Lady Bird Lake and the Austin skyline that are unmatched anywhere else in the city. Moreover, the boardwalk offers a serene environment for walking, running, or cycling along the lake’s edge, making it the perfect spot to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts will like the Austin Boardwalk Entry. The promenade is separated into numerous sections, each offering a unique view of the lake and the city skyline. The boardwalk’s entrance is covered with magnificent flowers and trees, adding to its visual appeal and making it excellent for nature hikes and picnics.
History of Austin Boardwalk Entrance
The Austin Boardwalk Entrance was publicly opened to the general public in 2014. It is a section of the Lady Bird Lake Boardwalk Walk, a 1.3-mile stretch of walkway. Pedestrians and cyclists can use the trail to go between the east and west sides of the lake in a secure and beautiful manner. The Boardwalk Trail has gained popularity as a tourist and local destination, and the Austin Boardwalk Entrance is one of the most used entry points.
Features of the Austin Boardwalk Entrance
The Austin Boardwalk Entrance is a famous place in Austin, Texas, where tourists may discover the natural beauty of the city along Lady Bird Lake. Here are some of the highlights that make the Austin Boardwalk Entrance a must-see for both locals and tourists:
- Scenic Views
The entryway provides breathtaking views of Lady Bird Lake and the Austin skyline. It’s the ideal spot to unwind, take in the scenery, and watch the sunset.
- Boardwalk Trail
The Boardwalk Trail is a 1.3-mile paved promenade along the lake’s shoreline that provides tourists with a scenic and safe pathway between the lake’s east and west sides. The trail is suitable for walkers, runners, and bikers of all ages and abilities.
- Playgrounds and Open Fields
Many playgrounds and open fields are available near the entrance and along the Boardwalk Trail for children to run and play. The trail is also stroller-friendly, so parents can bring their children along.
- Events and Festivals
The Austin Boardwalk Entrance hosts several events and festivals throughout the year, including charity walks, runs, bike rides, and music festivals.
Things to Do at the Austin Boardwalk Entrance
The Austin Boardwalk Entry is a fantastic spot for outdoor activities. Here are a few of the best things to do at the entrance and along the Boardwalk Trail:
- Biking: The Boardwalk Trail is a popular destination for cyclists of all skill levels. The paved trail offers a smooth and scenic ride, and there are several bike rental options available near the entrance.
- Kayaking and Paddleboarding: Visitors can rent kayaks or stand-up paddleboards to explore Lady Bird Lake. The entrance provides easy access to the water, and the lake’s calm waters make it an excellent spot for beginners.
- Fishing: Lady Bird Lake is home to a variety of fish species, making it a popular destination for fishing enthusiasts. Visitors can bring their fishing gear or rent equipment from nearby outfitters.
- Hiking: The Boardwalk Trail is a perfect location for a leisurely hike or brisk walk. The trail is well-maintained and offers several scenic viewpoints along the way.
- Wildlife Watching: The entrance and the Boardwalk Trail are home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, turtles, and fish. Visitors can observe these animals in their natural habitat and learn about the area’s ecosystem.
Events and Festivals at the Austin Boardwalk Entrance
The Austin Boardwalk Entrance is a popular location for events and festivals throughout the year. Here are some of the top events and festivals held at the entrance and along the Boardwalk Trail:
- Austin Reggae Festival
The Austin Reggae Festival is an annual event held at the entrance and along the Boardwalk Trail. The festival features live reggae music, food vendors, and a marketplace. Proceeds from the festival go to support local charities. Explanation
- Bat Fest
Bat Fest is another popular annual event held at the entrance and along the Boardwalk Trail. The festival celebrates the colony of Mexican free-tailed bats that call the Congress Avenue Bridge home. The festival features live music, food, and activities for all ages.
- Charity Walks and Runs
The entrance and the Boardwalk Trail are popular destinations for charity walks and runs. These events raise money and awareness for a variety of causes, including cancer research, autism awareness, and homelessness.
Safety Tips for Visitors of the Austin Boardwalk Entrance
The Austin Boardwalk Entrance is a safe location, but visitors should always take precautions to ensure their safety. Here are some safety tips for visitors of the entrance and the Boardwalk Trail:
- Always be aware of your surroundings and avoid isolated areas.
- Walk or bike with a partner or in a group, especially at night.
- Do not leave valuables unattended.
- Stay on designated trails and paths.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather and activity.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks
- Follow all posted rules and regulations.
By following these safety tips, visitors can enjoy a safe and fun experience at the Austin Boardwalk Entrance.
Essential Information About Austin Boardwalk Entrance
The Austin Boardwalk Entrance, located at 700 1/2 E Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704, is a popular destination for visitors. Here is some essential information for those planning to visit:
- Location: 700 1/2 E Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704, United States
- Parking: There is limited parking available at the entrance, with additional parking options nearby.
- Facilities: The entrance provides restroom facilities, water fountains, and several picnic areas.
- Safety: Visitors should be aware of their surroundings, travel in groups, and follow all posted rules and regulations.
- Rentals: Visitors can rent bikes, kayaks, and paddleboards from nearby outfitters.
- Accessibility: The Boardwalk Trail is wheelchair accessible, with several rest areas along the way.